Image Direct is proud to be a Founding Member of the Latrobe City Chapter of Business Networking International (BNI).
We meet at The Traralgon RSL Bowling Club, 109-115 Grey Street, Traralgon. Thursdays at 7am.
Visitors are welcome! Meeting Fee is $23. Visitors can register here
From BNI’s Wikpedia entry:
The BNI organisation works by creating a group of people from various industries and encouraging regular passing of referrals.
- Each chapter allows one person per occupational classification and prospective members must be approved via an application process.
- BNI’s philosophy is “Givers Gain” – members are expected to focus on giving referrals to other members to build relationships and receive referrals in return.
- BNI draws a distinction between a “referral” and a “lead.” A lead is contact information for a prospect for a member’s business, while a referral occurs only when the prospect has already expressed interest in the business in question and is ready to be contacted by the referred BNI member.
- Chapters have specific rules regarding required attendance in order to cultivate the relationships needed to create a comfort level in referring business.
- Chapters track the monetary amount of passed business in order to prove the value of the financial and time commitment.
As described on the BNI Melbourne South website: “BNI’s mission is to help members increase their business through a structured, positive, and professional referral marketing program that enables them to develop long-term, meaningful relationships with quality business professionals.”